Sunday, April 13, 2008

Skinny tire Sunday

I braved the north wind and made it out this afternoon. I left my house at 2 p.m. and headed south around zorinsky to the W Papio trail, then due north on the trail to dodge overpass. I was looking for 20 miles today, and the sign at Hatwhorn is where I hit 10 miles. See crappy picture of cyle computer!

The wind kept me on my toes. Not as bad as being out on a gravel road, but still pretty windy. When i turned around and headed south, the wind pushed me 5mph faster! Pay back was sweet! The trail runs really close to the train tracks. When I got close I heard a train coming so I stopped and snapped this pic:

Cruised back home with the wind pushing me. I was out for about 1.5 hours, spent over 1200 calories and enjoyed the outdoors! It was a good sunday for me!

I am heading to Denver in the a.m. for work. Be back tuesday. 73 both days there! Hopefully the trails will be dry enough for the BMCC Monday night ride. Post it up if it happens.

cya!

5 comments:

dmars said...

Glad you got out bro! I am planning riding tranq both Mon, Tues, and swanson Wed. Have fun in denver.

crewcabrob said...

Do you think Swanson will be rideable on Wednesday?
Safe trip RG! Too bad yor bike can't go with you. Lots of nice trails in the foothills.
Check out my reply on the Moab deal from the earlier discussion.

Martin said...

Swanson was good yesterday afternoon late, still a little squishy in the new section. By Weds you should be in very good shape.

crewcabrob said...

Thanks Martin for the update. I'm trying to plan a trip up there this week to ride it before the race on May 3rd.

Greg said...

I took the road bike for spin Sunday also, the wind made things hard, but I was a rocket on the way back.