Monday, April 21, 2008

Just another windy Sunday.

Nebraska weather is pretty cruel to us 9 to 5 ers. I mean it can be sunny, calm and beautiful during the week only to turn sour on the weekend. Although this weekend wasn't a bust by any means, it was considered one as:
  • Too muddy to ride dirt
  • No riding with Friends - team gibson and gibson racing plans canceled - rain!
  • i forgot about the sunscreen (its either sunburn on my arms and neck or a wicked case of wind burn!)
I was able to make it into the yard and be productive, so that was good. I need to source and have 5 cubic yards of mulch delivered this week sometime. Guess what I'll be doing come Saturday?

The forecast calls for rain tonight, and then rain/T storms on Thursday/Friday. Will it be too muddy to ride dirt this weekend?

I made it out for the 20 mile West Papio loop. This time the wind pushed me North and killed me South. There were a lot of people out enjoying the sun as the wind was gusting to 35 mph. Here are a couple of pics from the ride:



4 comments:

Greg said...

Glad you made it out. I plan on hitting Tranq tonight for the Monday night ride.

crewcabrob said...

Thankfully you got out for some saddle time,RG. I hear your pain on the workweek riding blues. I had a good time riding on Saturday, and didn't want to tempt fate by trying to ride again Sunday.

Greg, good luck riding tonight at Tranquility. Have you been out lately? It was 62 when I came to work but when I was out at lunch, it was 49.

By the way, good idea on blogging the whinny crap about not getting out and such... I'll just try to let her know my plans and roll with the punches like everyone else.

It looks like Ryan won't be coming up with me on Wednesday. I haven't heard from Harp or anyone else. You guys will have to be gentle with me since I'm a Swanson virgin.

rg said...

5 p.m. won't work for me. You guys have fun though!

crewcabrob said...

RG, sorry you are going to miss out on Wednesday. Would an earlier or later time work better for anyone? I could be there by 4:30 and could show up as late as 6:30 if you guys can find a time that works for everyone. It sounds like I'm the only one coming up from Lincoln.