Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tranq Sunday

I'm going to try (read again TRY) to get out this afternoon during nap time. I plan to ride 2 laps. I am going to ride the beginners loop as this will be the only time to ride them prior to the race on Saturday.

I'm shooting to start @ 2p.m.


I rode at 2 p.m., and all though I rode by myself I was not alone.



The Goal: Ride the beginner loop twice and see the time/distance. Being as I now know both time and distance I will not be posting them here! You will have to go out and ride the course for yourself! I'll give you a hint, two laps of the beginner loop is > 9 miles.

These guys were hanging out in the nursery on my first lap. I didn't see them in the same spot on the second lap. They were further down the trail and up in the trees. One actually startled me as it flew down from its perch (which was located directly above the trail). I actually ducted my head - although I'm not sure that it would have hit me.


I leave you with this last picture. It is a picture of the second hill climb that we beginners won't be climbing. I have to say, I'm not that bummed about that!

11 comments:

crewcabrob said...

Did you get out and ride RG? I wish I could have been up there to ride with you. I rode Wilderness park 3 times last week to try and get back into the swing of things before the next race.

Dmars, when is a good time to call you? I may have to bail on the Wednesday morning ride with you. I drop my father in law off at 6am and I may not wait until 8:45 to ride Tranq. Nothing is open that early that I want to hit, so I'm not sure what I would do between 6 and 8:45. Sorry.

crewcabrob said...

I see you got out. Now I will really need a tour guide as I have no idea what the beginner loop looks like.

dmars said...

You could come straight to my house. I get home from work at @ 8 am. You could wait at my house till I get home. Call anytime this evening, I will be doing some painting so I will be around.

dmars said...

How fast did you do the lap in RG. I promise I wont tell! :)

rg said...

call me dmars.. Team Gibson Memebers get the info fo free!

crewcabrob said...

Thanks Dave! 8am sounds a little better. You may have to wake me up in the pathfinder. :)

Did you guys get any rain the last two days? Lincoln got some last night; enough to keep us off the dirt for a day or two.

rg said...

It raining for about 10 mins yesterday. The trail needed it.

The forecast calls for more this week, so you guys had better keep an eye on it!

crewcabrob said...

Yep, I watch it all the time... it's one of the issues I have to deal with.

Did you feel good on your laps RG? Some of my rides have been better than others, but some of the rides have been with a cold.

Sad news to report, I'm almost back up to Clydsdale range. Over 190 again. Stinking vacations!

millhouse said...

Since I've never ridden there before I don't know that mileage or lap times would mean much to me.

The 3 hour race option is appealing...

rg said...

If I rode it right Millhouse, I think that the begginer loop is about 5 miles. Note: the "whole" loop that everyone else will ride is somewhere around 7 miles.

Are you planning on riding it before the race?

millhouse said...

I'd like to, but I don't think its going to happen. Maybe that morning.