Saturday, May 2, 2009

Swanson perpetratin', and Team Gibson representin'


Raced swanson today, it was a great turn out, and a beautiful day. I was glad to see Rob there.

We only did one lap, so It ended up being a sprint the whole way, and I dont sprint well.

It was a good race, but I was very disappointed that cat 3 only did 1 lap, and that they started the marathoners before us so we had to fight past a couple of them. Why not start them after us since we only had 1 lap, and they had 3 hours to try to make up time if they had too.
I ended up with my usual mid pack 12th place (out of 20). All in all it was a good day, too bad rg and greg couldnt make it.

4 comments:

rg said...

Thanks for representing DMARS! I think I could have done one lap!

Glad you raced. Platte River state park next week!??

dmars said...

cant make it to Platte, it is me and the wifes anniversary. It is up to you guys to represent.

Greg said...

I am glad you had a good race. Is cat 3 only one lap now? I am planning on heading down to Platte. Who's all going?

crewcabrob said...

I'm not sure I have recovered after the misserable showing at Swanson I don't think I even saw Dmars on the starting line... Linda pasted me and she started a full minute behind me.
DFL... yeah thats me.
$15 for one lap, not sure I should even bother this year. I still love to participate, and want to make sure I am supporting the cause, but I may need to regroup this year and then go for sport next year.