Monday, May 4, 2009

i'm struggeling...

Guys, I think that its safe to assume that I won't be racing much if at all this year.  LIFE is such a busy thing for me now that I have not had time to do anything but take care of what LIFE throws at me.  

After working the entire weekend, there is no way that I will be able to defer fathering duties tonight to catch up with the BMCC dirt ride.  That would not be fair for the family - as my wife has shouldered kid duties all weekend - and the kids want dad time and dad wants kids time.  

Tuesday I'm supposed to head out to BLACK SHEEP FARMS and meet my vegetable grower.  We've joined their CSA and they require some elbow grease time at the farm .  Tuesday we get to meet them and tour the farm.  

Fast forward to Friday - this will be my first day off in 11 days.  I HOPE to ride some singletrack for the first time this year!  In fact, this will be the first time on a bike in over 2 weeks.  The weather will dictate my actions.  

Saturday (RACE DAY) - and my daughter has dance @ 10 a.m.  It will be my turn to take her as mom took her last weekend.  I then hope to host a MOM's day dinner for my MOM.  

I also  have to MOW one of the days in there.

I'm striking a new mantra - one that's not about stressing that I can't ride my bike, but one about riding my bike when I can.  Please forgive me for not being at the RACEs - its not that I dont' want to come and finish DFL! ; its the other things in LIFE are keeping me busy.  I'll make it when I can, I just not gonna let it bother me anymore.

I know that some of you guys have been down this road before.  Do you have any secrets for getting it all in?  I'd love to know some!

2 comments:

dmars said...

Its all good Rg, ride when you can.

crewcabrob said...

RG,

All I do during the week is shuttle kids, clean, cook, mow and I still get to work my obligatory 50 hours at my job. I feel your pain and it really showed this past weekend whith the first race of the year. I am not sure I finished a head of a single person in my cat/age group. I'm going to encourage you to come out and race with me, as I would love the thril of finishing a head of a single rider at least once this season. I'll even return the favor. :) We could battle for last place?

Beer and bacon were my best friends for the past 6 months. Can you say "fat?" why don't they have clydsdale class any more??? I'm 5'8" tall and weigh in at 200 +/- a few pounds. I'm pathetic and motivated to do something about it. Just don't take my bacon or beer.