Wednesday, February 11, 2009

the Evil Mother nature



I hate the be the bearer of bad news... but I'm glad that I got out and rode last weekend. The King skipped work and rode yesterday afternoon. I heard it was an EPIC weather day.

They say 5 to 10 inches are coming:
SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...SHOULD BEGIN TO OVERSPREAD THE WATCH AREA FRIDAY MORNING AND LAST THROUGH EARLY FRIDAY EVENING BEFORE TAPERING TO FLURRIES LATER FRIDAY EVENING. SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 10 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ACROSS A LARGE PORTION OF THE WATCH AREA...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. IN ADDITION...TO THE SNOW...NORTHEAST WINDS OF 15 TO 30 MPH WOULD CAUSE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW RESULTING IN REDUCED VISIBILITIES AND HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS.


I'll keep my bike on the trainer!

4 comments:

Beerorkid said...

I call poppycock. I bet we get hardly any. Activist weather folk and their weather predicting agenda.

rg said...

I hear ya BORK. I think that the last to "storms" were supposed to be big boys... The last one just produce a light dusting of snow.

Wouldn't you love to have a job where you can be completely wrong, many, many times and still have your job!!?

Sausage King said...

I say, pretend the "big one" is coming and get out and ride tonight (read: outside) AT ALL COSTS!!!!

rg said...

hmmm I wish... me thinks that I'll find my butt on the trainer again...