Sunday, February 1, 2009

113009road ride.JPG


IMG_0648.JPG
Originally uploaded by theGibsonfour

As I was heading out for my ride yesterday, i hooked up with another rider @ 180th and F. It just so happens that he lives in my neighborhood and rides a lot. He said that he mostly rides in the morning. I snapped this pic as he sprinted away from me.

We rode together. He ran into a bit of trouble at mile 9, his rear tire lost air. I went to get my pump, but did not have it. I had a patch kit, a tube, a tire lever, but no pump! I'm glad that I didn't get a flat.

He had a CO2 style pump and added air. We rode a few more miles but being that he (Jim) wasn't sure of his tire we headed back.

I got in 14 miles. My goal was 15 - 20, but I was happy with the results. I saw a few other cyclists out. It was a great day.

As for the KING's comment. 43 miles. WOW. Where did you guys ride? Dmars any pics of your ride?

5 comments:

dmars said...

Paul n and I rode north to the county line, 16.5 miles. Sorry no pics, but I got the single speed out. I put a 16 tooth gear on, it was a good workout on the hills. The state street hill was a killer, but I made it

dmars said...

just 43 miles king?

Stratomatic said...

I felt kinda guilty gearing down for that state st hill. Nice climb with the SS dmars! I think we gave the white dog on 132nd a good workout too.

Good to hear about everyone getting out to ride. Thanks dmars, good riding with you!

Greg said...

Glad everyone had a great day for a ride. King really put down some miles.

Sausage King said...

We rode from Andy's house by Cathedral to the pedestrian bridge where we met up with Gene and Pete. Then we rode north to Ponca Hills (over the hills - ouch!) and met up with Dave, Joe, John, Jeff, Steve at the Forgotten store. We rode up to Ft. Calhoun on the Trace then back towards Omaha on Boyer Chute. Back through north O and back to Andy's house. The last couple hills caught up to me fo sho!

Good to see everyone got out for a little vitamin D!

Dmars, I'll hook up with you to ride some gravel before you know it. Keep posting and I'll show up. I'll even bring my SS to keep it fair!