Monday, December 8, 2008

Saturday Night Special

Andy and I hit up Tranq Saturday night for a little night ride. It was 22 degrees when we started at about 7:20 PM from the upper PL at the ice rink and 18 degrees when we finished. We were able to get in 1.5 laps. My light ran out after a bit more than a lap, so we were relying on Andy's light, which promptly started to dim. We rode back up the hill by the apartments pretty much in the dark, but there was enough ambient light, it wasn't a big deal. The fingertips took it pretty hard the first 1/2 lap until we started generating some heat, then all was well. The frozen ground was great...gobs of traction.

Sorry, no pics...it was too cold to dig out the camera!

3 comments:

rg said...

Did you guys find the new technical section on the hill?

dmars said...

be careful in the dark, thats when the sasquatch comes out . You get the tough guy award this week. 22 degrees is too cold for me :-).

Sausage King said...

I wasn't looking for the technical section in the dark. I think I'll save that one for when it's light!