Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday 29 degrees, North Wind 12 mph, gusting to 16

....feels like 21 degrees.
(above... proof that it was windy!)


I was concerned that I wasn't dressed for the weather.  I had on a pair of cycling bib tights, cycling shorts, thermal longsleeve base layer, Jersey (see below), cycling socks, insulated cycling socks, shoes, thermal shoe covers, windbreaker, warm cycling gloves, nike cycling hat.  It ended up being just fine.  I rode at Zorinsky.  45 minutes 9.2 miles.     
I got this jersey from a guy at work. Last weekend was the Swiss Watch Faire. The Festina Rep brought in a few of these jerseys. One of them ended up on my desk! Sweet!
I rode all of the zorinksy single track that I could!  A few spots were damp and some even had a little dusting of snow.  All was passable!

No trainer tonight... I'll enjoy a cold one and some MNF!  

6 comments:

dmars said...

I had to settle for the trainer today. I rode 45 minutes. I didnt feel like fighting the cold and wind today. Tomorrow should be a good day for an outside ride.

dmars said...

add me to the log please

Greg said...

Looks like a nice refreshing ride.

dale said...

I rode half a lap at Tranquility Monday night, 29F and no wind! Crisp, starry night - saw the moon, mars (venus?), and jupiter in close proximetry.

regular cycling socks, shimano winter boots, shorts and pants, long sleeve base layer and wool jersey, bellaclava and amfib gloves.

nice slow ride - cue foghat.

hey tp trail council - nice job with the cement pavers out by the parking lot! nice ttf for keeping people out of the slime.

rg said...

I need to get some pants... Where should one look to procure a pair?!

any Brand recommendations?

dale said...

Well rg, I'm a bike shop man, we have stuff in stock.

There's the online avenue.

Read about buying wool pants from second hand clothing stores.

I've used blue jeans I've slimmed down from for outer layer.