Monday, June 2, 2008

my skinny tire saturday

I couldn't make it to connect with Dmars and Greg - although I'm jealous that they got dirt time in at Tranq as I navigated flooded trails. (read on). The Tower told me that the flight pattern was full, so the best that I could do was jump on my bike in the garage and head out. So, that's EXACTLY what I did!

Notice the 'crap' on the trail under this tire.... So I rode through the neighborhood and jumped on the trail at the tball fields on the S. Side of the West Side of the Lake. The plan - ride the trail across the damn and then exit where it hooks on the West Papio trail - 20 mile loop. So the ride began.

This picture denotes that trail as it parallels 168th street. This section had a bunch of debree and you could tell that the water had just receded. So I continued on. (Leary that the skinny tires would not like the 'big stuff').
At the end of the trail above, there is a hard right turn under the bridge (168th). As I fly around the corner - WOW - and lock up the back tire. No more trail!

I ended up climing up a little hill right next to the bridge. That put me out on to 168th street. i rode it South to the parking lot and then crossed the road. Once on the other side, I hooked back up with the trail and continued my ride. 21 miles and the pic below shows how it was:

2 comments:

dmars said...

glad you got out, you should have borrowed my kayak to strap to your tires :)

rg said...

I did see a guy with a homemade rig made from wood on his car. He had an aluminum canoe strapped too it and the roof!