Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lunch Ride today

Due to the heavy rain ALL DAY yesterday, I have in my posession a skinny tire bike. This bike will be leaving my office parking lot @ noon and somehow riding to get onto the Papio Trail. If the king of Sausage is in, I'll ride North to meet him. If he's out (he rides on Wed nights anyways!) I'll be heading south.
I intend to ride South for 20 minutes, and then turn around and head back North for 20. Today is more of an exploration ride to see how and where I can get onto the Papio trail. I see it as nice recon. Its good to have a cement trail in your pocket for the weather around here!

3 comments:

rg said...

Observations:
1. I did not like riding in traffic. i.e. I had to ride down Regency Parkway to get to the Cancer Surviors park on Pacific. I then had to ride it back up to my office.

2.Going north is out. MUD on the trail everywhere. I'd need my mountain bike.

3.Where? Where does the trail go when it passes under center? There were stairs there - was I supposed to get off my bike and carry it up the stairs and then ride over the bridge and get back on the trail? Or, did I miss a turn?

dmars said...

Hope you had fun RG, I went to tranq today, it was wet in the nursery, and north creek side. I did one lap, and decided to go home and try it again thursday night. Tranq should be ok for you guys to do a lunch ride on thursday.

rg said...

Sweet thanks for the update DMARS. I brought my bike and thought that I'd have to call Bike Masters and see if they knew of the conditions!

I'll be out there around noon if the weather holdS! SWEET!