Monday, May 19, 2008

Psycowpath Battle Royal - Platte River State Park

Wow, that was fun. I am feeling it today and I only did 3 laps! The course was awesome. I think that ONE DAY, I will make it through the rock garden! That was really the only place that gave me trouble and the only place where I opted to walk it.

I'm glad that we all decided to ride Solo. It was much more fun suffering with buddies. I managed 1 fall, and it wasn't bad at all. Wrong gear on an uphill incline. Slow Motion fall to the left.

The only other problem that I had was during lap 1. Three times, my chain jumped into my frame and I actually had to get off my bike and flip it over to get it back on. It was pointed out to me that it was user error. I cleaned up my shifting and didn't have the issue on any of the other laps.

Other observations:
-I like the commradery of marathon events. It is really cool hanging out with everyone between laps.
-My goal for next year, do 1 more lap than this year.
-I will be staying at the park this fall; Hopefully I'll be on the trail before then!
-I brought my digi cam; I didn't charge its battery (sorry for the lack of pics in this post)
-Dmars is a stud - he pimped his SS
-I like gears - especially here!

The three pics that I took with Rob's camera are here in his post.

2 comments:

crewcabrob said...

Nice write up RG. It was very cool riding as a group. Next years goal sounds good to me.

Let me know when you guys stay at Platte this fall. I could buz up there for a quick ride with you guys. (and a beer)

dmars, you are the man. No way I could do a SS. I can barely make it around with gears.

dmars said...

No guys, I just brought the wrong bike for the terrain. I had fun anyway, and The S.S. made me work harder and hopefully get faster.