Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend Ride

Being that I closely monitor the weather, I opted for a Saturday ride around Zorinksy. I left my house at 4 p.m. and made it to the lake. Talk about madhouse! Every person within a ten mile radius that had a dog or dogs was out at the lake walking them.


I would say that at least 2/3's of them have never been on a trail where there are other users on it. For example, I'd say, "passing on your left!". They would immediately look up and step to the left. Or, I'd say, "on your left!", and they wouldn't move -- (they were walking two wide), again "on your left!".. nothing. Pass them off the trail on the left and it would startle them!




This was what a lot of the trail looked like. 60 degrees = melted snow! It was great to get out! Sorry you guys didn't get to enjoy any gravel on Sunday. One thing that I know, is that every day that goes by, we are one day closer to spring.


7 comments:

Beerorkid said...

bummer when you need water wings to ride the trail.

rg said...

I road my Epic, with FENDERS so my butt only had a small skunk strip on it. You should've seen the others that were out there on bikes. SOAKED!

cvo said...

wow, that is a lot of water

rg said...

cvo, It was the result of a google search for "flooded trail"!

But the lake trail did have parts that had a ton of standing water, just not that much!

Greg said...

This weekend looks like another good weekend for ridding. We should hook up and go ride thru some puddles..

dmars said...

sunday afternoon?

rg said...

Guys, I'll be in Sunny St. Pete's Beach, FLA on Sunday. (working...)

I get back on tuesday night. I'll be jealous of you, so get out and do it. Only 1 month till our first RACE.