Monday, February 25, 2008

Sunday Gravel was FUN!

We managed about two hours in the saddle yesterday - around 19 miles. Dale, Greg and Dave were all in attendance. We took a route that I've never been on. 132 to Standing Bear. North around Standing Bear to IDA Street, IDA street West to 216th(I think) and then back the same route.

Dale was riding fixed so he'd pass us on the climbs and then we'd return the favor on the downhills. That man can SPIN.

Greg gave me a GU packet at the turn. I've never eaten one before so I was unsure of what to expect. A simple twist of the wrist and the package was open. I was however not ready for what ensued. A thick, lemon lime, Mucus (just like a huge LUGEY) filled my mouth. It was hard to swallow! I struggled for a drink (as everyone told me to wash it down.) 2 minutes later I was hacking as if I was going to throw up. Thankfully I didn't, but I was close!

Thanks Dale for the Cliff Blocks, I can do those!

6 comments:

Greg said...

It was a great day for a ride. I am glad that you didnt throw up, although we were all waiting to see it....

dmars said...

Puke and Rally!!

rg said...

Carefull Creek Chub.. We'll have to tell everyone how you got that nick name!

dmars said...

Everyone knows that Creekchubb is a term of honor in my native tongue. Given to a not so young man when he, to the amusment of himself and his friends, skillfully falls in a creek with the bike landing on top of him. You didnt puke RG, but you had no problem passing me, so you definately did rally.

rg said...

You put it so eliquently DAVE!

Rally on Bro, Rally on!

dale said...

Isn't puking on a ride or race a rite of passage?