Monday, August 17, 2009

the weatherman....

The weather or lack there of screwed my Sunday riding. I had to make the call on the Corporate Cycling Challenge @ 6:30 a.m. yesterday. It had just finished down pouring and the radar looked as though we were going to get it again in an hour or two. Big storm between Lincoln and Omaha.

I called my riding partners - folks from work and my neighbor. We all decided that riding wet roads, and then a great possibility of getting drenched was enough to have us stay home.

I proceeded to have a cup of coffee and read the paper. A few sprinkles and clouds later and I was regretting that I did not go and ride. I venture to guess that it would have been a perfect morning to ride once the roads were dry.

lesson learned: I now have been burned twice by technology - I look at the animated radar map and make the "NO ride" call. I need to buy a rain cape.

Have fun on the MNR, wish I could be there!

1 comments:

Stratomatic said...

The dopler did not look good Sunday at 5:30AM. But once we got downtown there were only a few sprinkles at the start. The roads were mostly dry but with so many riders you would get forced into a puddle now and then. I was glad to have my fenders deployed.