Sunday, August 9, 2009

TTT race report


Hey team Gibson where were you guys!! The TTT race was a lot fun, great turn out, and a couple of surprises. First my race, I raced the marathon completed 4 laps (which was my goal) in a time of 3:22. My sis was kicking tail on the single speed. Linda won the female marathon category, she did 4 laps also in a time just under 3 hours, (I am thinking of adding weight to her bike for the next race). This was my first marathon, and I came in dead last, but I think most of the other guys were cat 2 or 1. It was tough, riding up the inner climb 4 times was killer, but I am glad I raced it cause I need to work on endurance if I am going to move up anytime soon. I am going to race marathon at all the remaining races you guys gonna join me??
Rob gets the award for most improved racer, he went from dead last at Swanson to 8 Th out of 22 or so guys, excellent job rob!! Chris came in second in cat 2 Great job Chris!
Thanks to everyone that helped out it was a great event

5 comments:

crewcabrob said...

Nice write up Dave. It was nice to improve from my poor showing at the first race of the year. One thing I did miss: Ray, I still see you over-cooking the corner entering the nursery from last year. I almost did the same thing on lap 2 and had the rear tire locked up trying to get the bike turned around in time.

Bonus for me: I won a $25 gift card for Bike Masters! Thanks Dale if you are reading this.

rg said...

good to hear you guys got out and raced. Great report Dmars! It was a hot mo-fo out there and I thought of you racers a couple of times.

I was knee deep in a tile project. I'm happy to say that the tile is in now, but I still have to set the toilet, install the base boards and quarter round.

I have resigned to simply riding my bike this year - no racing in the picture. I will be out on Sunday for the Corp Cycling Challenge however. And that could be a challenge as I haven't been on my bike for two weeks!.. 42 miles...

dmars said...

25 bucks, now you have to buy more super light bits and pieces for you bike Rob. That corner can be tricky I have locked up the rear tire numerous times.
I bet the tile looks good Ray. My first tile job was tricky, but I like it. Have fun on the CCC guys you will do fine.

Greg said...

Was in K.C. Glad you guys had a great time

mtblifegirl said...

I am so proud of you my brother! You are ranked 11th overall cat 3 35+ as of today when I looked at the results. We will see where you are for marathon when they add TTT to the overall standings. Your cool. Great job! I had so much fun racing my first marathon.