Monday, September 29, 2008

Thanks DMars!

DMars, thanks for letting me bike-jack you at the race on Saturday. My older 2 kids were out pre-riding the kids race course and got lost all the way out by the turn around on the registration side of the trail. My oldest son crashed and had a visit from the dreaded chain suck monster! Andy was out looking for them but wasn't able to find them. Doug Larson came up and told me where they were...he ran into them while pre-riding the course. Paul Eichler was hanging out with them until I got there. I needed a bike so I could get out there and help them them out.

You're a life saver! I know it's not always easy to lend someone your ride, especially when it's as new as yours! I promise, I didn't crash it or scratch it!

The rapid rise shifting was throwing me off though, but that's another story altogether.

3 comments:

dmars said...

I just hope that bike wasnt too much for you. :) glad the little guys were ok though. The race was great, we had alot of fun

rg said...

How was your Race Dmars? Sorry i wasn't there to support you guys!

dmars said...

I came in 6 th out of 10, rob came in 8th. I think I will come in 3rd place in the end of year standings. Not bad for someone that hung around the middle of the pack all year.
My sister got 2 nd place in the beginner women, and my neice and nephew raced also. It was a fun day wish you guys could have made it.