Sunday, September 21, 2008

Capital City challenge

The Branched oak race was yesterday, and Rob and I were the only ones there to represent team Gibson. I hope to see Team Gibson in full force at the Manawa race.
I enjoyed most of the race except for the mile long up hill gravel start!! One mile on gravel seems a little long for an off road race. It was like the Maskenthine start, but 4 times longer. I felt pretty strong through out the race, but the start took some out of me. I finished 5Th, and rob finished 6Th, overall pretty good. I do wish I would have been closer to the 4Th place guy, he was about 10 minutes ahead of me. It was a fun race, good training, and nice to ride somewhere new.


I almost forgot, I was half way home before I realized that I had left my front wheel sitting in the grass where my car was parked. I turned around, drove 35 miles back to the race to find my wheel leaning against the registration tent. Thank you whoever turned it in I owe you a beer or two !!

3 comments:

crewcabrob said...

Nice job at the race Dmars, you did way better than I did. They sent the course marshals out to look for me because I was the last one on the trail. That isn't pretty when they follow you in.

Rain today and tomorrow...what will Man-o-war look like Saturday?

dmars said...

the race was fun. There were more than a couple of people that finished behind you Rob, so give yourself a little credit. Manoswamp should be ok if thursday and friday are dry

crewcabrob said...

I feel good that I got out and raced. It was a good time, even in last place.

I'm looking forward to this weekends race at Manoswamp. It's crazy that this is the last one of the year. Kind of makes me sad.

I figured out that when you cross the finish line before me this weekend, you should get 3rd place for the season. There is no way I can get up to speed to catch you in a week. Make sure you have all of your bolts tight, and your tires aired up; I'm gunning for you!